The LPI 2023 ranks countries on six dimensions of trade -- including customs performance, infrastructure quality, and timeliness of shipments. The data used in the ranking comes from a survey of logistics professionals answering questions about foreign countries with which they operate.
The components analyzed in the International LPI were chosen based on recent theoretical and empirical research and on the practical experience of logistics professionals involved in international freight forwarding. They are:
• The efficiency of customs and border management clearance (“Customs”).
• The quality of trade and transport infrastructure (Infrastructure”).
• The ease of arranging competitively priced shipments (Ease of arranging shipments”).
• The competence and quality of logistics services—trucking, forwarding, and customs brokerage (“Quality of logistics services”).
• The ability to track and trace consignments (“Tracking and tracing”).
• The frequency with which shipments reach consignees within scheduled or expected delivery times (“Timeliness”).
The LPI uses standard statistical techniques to aggregate the data into a single indicator that can be used for cross-country comparisons.
Country Score Card and Compare